Welcome to Calaveras LAFCo
The purpose of Calaveras LAFCo is to oversee orderly development and protect natural resources and agricultural lands.
Calaveras County is located in the heart of California Gold Country. Calaveras County is bordered by Stanislaus County to the southwest, San Joaquin County to the west, Amador County to the north, Alpine County to the northeast and Tuolumne County to the south/southeasat. The county seat is San Andreas and Angels Camp is the only incorporated city.
Calaveras LAFCo works to:
- Preserve prime agricultural and open-space lands;
- Encourage orderly growth and development;
- Promote orderly development and discourage urban sprawl;
- Balance competing interests;
- Promote efficient service delivery.